Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Summer Summer

Think High School Musical when you are reading the title up there. Raise your hand if you've seen these movies more times than you can count! Summer is upon us folks and it was a HOT one this past holiday weekend. Hot sticky humid summers are on the way and there is only one way to beat the heat. Ok two...stay inside and hide in the ac, or get your tan on at the pool! We tried to take the kids to the pool late yesterday afternoon, but much to our dismay...it was CLOSED. There were too many people in the pool, and they couldn't let anymore in because there wasn't any way to get a proper head count. While I completely understand it was a safety issue, is sure was a bummer. And try explaining a "safety issue" to a whiny 6 year old who had her heart set on feeling the cool water of the pool....so the next best thing was to go back and turn on the sprinkler and run through it. Boy was that water cold, and oh my, did it feel good!

Can I just say, that a little part of me was pretty happy not to have to be in a swimming suit in front of a billion other people at a public pool? I realize I'm not the worst looking one out there...but I'm always a little embarrassed. I have gained so much weight! And I'm white as a ghost! Tanning lotion needs to be ordered stat! It's really not cute. It's past time for a change. It's hard to change when you like food. It's hard to change when you're a stress eater. Perhaps I should make use of the elliptical machine behind me? hmmmmmmm....I have a couple of weeks left here, why not right? Sure as heck can't hurt. :)

No comments: