Monday, June 6, 2011

Marriage

Marriage is a lot of give and take. It's a lot of compromise. It's a fair share of arguments. It's knowing when to let the other person win one, and it's knowing when to say I told you so. It's a lot of work, yet very rewarding if you happen to be married to the right person.

I am lucky, blessed and privileged enough to be married to my best friend. I love him with all my heart. Really.

But he has this crazy notion that driving across country...3000 miles give or take, with 2 kids and a dog in an Element (small SUV) is a good idea.

I'm not trying to be bitchy...just mildly humorous.

I've done a small survey of people we know. I'm not the only one who thinks this could end bad. A mutual friend asked if he was smoking crack, HAHAHA! I smiled and said that if he's not now, he will surely need it for the ride.

Hubby's goal is quite admrial. I completely understand where he's coming from. Quality time together that we haven't had in the past 4 months. As soon as we get back he has to go back to work. I have to start a new job a couple weeks after. Its' a super busy time for us, and some togetherness would be nice after so long apart. Right? Right....

We leave the 19th, and we have to be there the 23rd. That's some long days of driving!

"It'll be an adventure" he says.

"Don't be a stick in the mud" he says.

Silly Hubby. Isn't he adorable?

He doesn't know what he's in for.....

My prediction is that by the time we reach St. Louis...which is around 8 hours in I think, we will all want to kill one another. Our friend said we wouldn't make it to Kentucky, haha! At least I set my goal higher!

I'll let you know how this works out.... ;)

1 comment:

Nick McHenry said...

But at least I will give you blog fodder for months to come. :-D

I love you with all my heart, and will do my best to make this work out.