Saturday, June 18, 2011

Madder than HELL

Has anyone out there ever used U-Haul? Successfully? I have never used them...I had planned on using them for our move. We just needed a trailer to pull behind to get the last little bit of stuff we had left to move. Remember, 2 kids, 2 adults, a dog and a pull behind trailer? Yeah.....well, never mind that.

We had the hitch installed, no problem on Friday. Then we go to rent the pull behind...there is one left in our area, so we snatch it. We have the conformation number in our hot little hands, and go to pick it up this morning and the guy says...sorry that's for someone else. We can't have it.

What?! Excuse me? Even with the conformation in hand, they won't let us have the trailer WE ALREADY RENTED. What the hell is that about? How do you even get away with that?

We were given the regional number to see if they could help find what we needed. Some guy named Rusty picked up the phone and said we could either drive 60 miles out of our way, wasting OUR money and OUR gas and OUR time to correct THEIR gross negligent error, or wait for another day and a half and get another trailer, which is the wrong size.

Awesome. Thanks for the help there Rusty. Real professional.

Dear Uhaul, I don't have the time to wait around for you. I have someplace to be and I won't make my destination on time if I have to wait for your unprofessioinalism to come through. At this point, I don't believe a word that is coming out of your mouth....I have my doubts if there would even be a trailer available tomorrow.

So my next step was to get customer service on the line and see what they can do...surely they can help better and make this right.

WRONG!

They can't do any more than the regional office.

WHAT?!

I have never seen such unprofesionalism in my life. What a crock. On the phone while you're on eternal hold, you listen to their bs about how they make moving easier...uh, no......more like a LIVING HELL! Unfreaking believable.

The regional person said from experience the website is pretty unreliable.....so here's a question....WHY HAVE ONE? What good is it? To make potential customers pull out their hair and make them crazy?

So change of plans...rather than give UHAUL another penny of my money, Taylor and I will fly and the boys will drive. We will pack what I can in the back of the Element and send what doesn't fit. I will pay $1000 for a damn plane ticket for Taylor so we can fly.

UHAUL has lost a customer. NEVER AGAIN! USERS BEWARE!!!!!!

I also want my money back for the hitch.

NOW.

No comments: