Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oprah

Ok, who watched the last show yesterday? It was such a great show! A perfect ending to a long running daily institution in millions of people's lives.

I've been watching since I was a kid. I remember coming home from school and watching her show while doing homework on my living room floor. Hubby can't really stand her...but I really like her. She seems to be a very intelligent, thoughtful, and insightful person. At least she comes across that way through my TV screen. I sincerely hope she is as great of a person as she portrays herself to be. It's so disappointing when you find out a celebrity who seems to be a great person, really isn't.

Oprah's last show has been described by some as a "love letter" to her fans. It was all about the gratitude she had for us, her viewers. She thanked audiences for making her show the number 1 talk show for 25 years. She told us how much she loved her job, and how it was what she was put here on this Earth to do.

There were so many great quotes in her show. Here are a couple I just love:

"Nobody but you is responsible for your life. It doesn't matter what your momma did. It doesn't matter what your daddy didn't do. YOU are responsible for your life. You are responsible for the energy you create for yourself and the energy you bring to others."

"...Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to find it."

Truer words of wisdom have never been spoken....


Until we meet again! :)

No comments: