Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No more Whining

I am letting my kids get off the school bus at their normal bus stop for the last couple of weeks of school. Yesterday I let them stay at our former neighbor's house for a little while to play with the neighbor kids. I knew it would feel strange to go back and pick them up off the bus. But to pick them up where I used to live, was much weirder. Much harder. And to be perfectly honest...sucked. It was hard to look over. To see new porch furniture. To see both of their cars there. I heard someone in the garage, but decided not to peek to see who it was.

I'm really sentimental....maybe too much so. I need to put one foot in front of the other and live life forward, not backwards....how do people do that so well?

I have one friend, who is the bravest, boldest person I have ever met. She isn't afraid to take chances, and continually takes a leap of faith. There is a reason she's a life coach! I need to take a page out of her book, and quit whining about life.

Lord, please help me to pull up my big girl panties and get a smile back on my face! Please help me to put a smile back on my children's faces and a pep in our step!

No comments: