Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Truth

Why is it that some people are incapable of telling the truth? The one thing I won't be sorry to leave here in WV is the family drama. And the one person who is responsible for it all. He can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

This person, was a very close family member who betrayed his family. He chose another path, which ultimately lead to him losing his family. What this person doesn't seem to understand is that as much as he claims to have a story, he doesn't have one. He has a boat load of excuses. That no on wants to hear.

He claims to love my children. He often plays up a pity party to anyone who will listen. Apparently we hide our kids - or he must have forgotten our address and how to get to our home. Or he's just an idiot?

I gave him an opening to come clean last night with the kids...he didn't take it. I know he's moving. I know when. I think I know where. He's getting remarried. I said, you owe it to my kids to tell them you're moving. So he told them, and left it at that. Didn't elaborate. At all. There were no particulars given, or talk of his future plans. I prompted the conversation for a reason. My kids deserve to know what's going on. After essentially disappearing off the map, he owe's this to them. I'm not going to be the one to explain it. He is. And one way or another I'm going to get it out of him in front of them so they can hear it. From his mouth. It's his turn for the tough questions.

This man is their grandfather. It's sad what he's become, or maybe always was. I'm sad for my children. The relationship my kids had with him was a good one previously. They used to worship the ground he walked on.

Too bad he felt he had to leave it all behind.

Again.

No comments: