Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bidding War!

A bidding war is what every homeowner wants when selling their house. Today our house was shown three separate times. Made for a long day away, but out of those three separate showings, there were two offers made. I came home in between showing two and three. I had ran to the store and had to put a couple things away. I knew the last showing was my personal realtor and her client, so it was no big deal if I was present while the house was being shown. As soon as she walked in she told me there was a definite offer being made and possibly a second also.

In the time that it took my realtor to show her client my house, the previous realtor came back and handed her the first offer. In my driveway.

Wow. Is this for real? That was fast. Too fast. When my realtor and her client left I was about in tears, when I happened to look outside. I could see the two realtors talking talking to each other. I knew what was coming. I had to do some deep breathing before she came back to the door.

So offer one was good. It's a good solid offer. Offer two just came and it's also another good offer. Offer one is in no rush, and will probably give us until the first week of May. Offer two needs the house ASAP because she is pregnant and only has 8 weeks left. That reminds me so much of where we were when we bought this house. I was pregnant with Taylor then, due at any moment. Fast forward 6 years, and here we are trying to figure out which offer to take to sell our house.

Big, Big decisions to be made.

Hard decisions.

It's real. It's here, whether we like it or not.

No comments: