Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nathan Kress



Yesterday I spent the day with my little Tater Tot....that's what Zack called her when she was in my belly. He couldn't say Taylor that well, and it came out sounding like Tater....lol. She has been Tater Tot ever since.

Yesterday was pretty exciting for her. I took her to the mall to see Nathan Kress who plays "Freddie Benson" on iCarly. He was doing a meet and greet at the mall and was signing autographs. She thinks he's pretty "hot." I have to agree...he's a cutie patootie!

By the way, where/when did little kids learn to use the term "hot" instead of "cute"????

Oh. My. Lord. It started at 11:30. I got there about 10:15....I should have been there at 8! It was CRAZY! The first 400 got a free picture for him to sign....we were not one of the lucky first 400. :(

Taylor didn't seem to mind much. In fact she made friends with 2 little girls in front of us. As we got closer, they would run up and take a peek of him and come back all giggly. It was pretty darn cute to see.

Since we didn't get a picture, the mom in front of us handed us some cards...we turned them inside out and he could sign on the blank space and then we could put that in a frame. That was so nice of her to share, I really appreciated it. Well Taylor chose the side with the picture on it...oh well, lol.

There were some pretty excited teenagers a few people ahead of us too. One of them went up when Nathan arrived, and got some pictures and brought them back and showed us. One of the girls even texted a picture to me and the mom in front of us. How nice was that!?

There are good people left in the world!!

Once Taylor made it the front of the line, she was pretty calm...a little shy. They shook hands and he signed her card. It moved very quickly to make sure everyone could have a turn. It was a looooooooong wait. I think it was 4 hours total. She was a trooper though, and I'm proud of her for sticking it out! This will surely be a memory she will have forever.

So after our Nathan Kress autograph, we went and had lunch and then came back to Build A Bear. She has always wanted to do this. And since it was a mommy daughter day, I decided yesterday was the day. She had so much fun picking out the bear and going through the process. And guess what they had? An iCarly outfit!




I thought it was pretty cute, and I know we'll have to go back before we leave and do another one...they're really fun!

Yay for mommy daughter days!

No comments: