Monday, March 7, 2011

Strong Woman

The other day one of my best friends and I were talking, and she paid me the sweetest, nicest compliment. I can't even remember what it was we were talking about, but at the end of what ever our discussion/gab session/bitch fest was, she said I was the strongest person she knew.

Wow! It took me by surprise a little. Me? Really? I don't feel like I'm a very strong person. I try my best, but I feel like I fall short a lot, and in a lot of ways. I feel like I should be stronger. I think I should be able to do more. I should be able to do things perfectly and effortlessly. Somewhere, deep down, I know it's not possible.
Maybe I have a good suit of armor that portrays that on the outside to people...I wonder if I really make it look easier than it is? Because it's not easy. At all. There are so many times I feel like I'm going to crack from all the pressure. Especially lately. I do crumble. I do stumble. I do fall. But I have pick myself up and dust myself off, and start over.

It was the nicest compliment I think anyone, aside from hubby, has ever given me. I'm flattered anyone would say that to me. To me, I'm just living life, day to day, trying to get through all the little hurdles and challenges. I don't know any other way. I don't have a choice. This is my life. I have to live it, and I hope people can see I'm doing the best I can.

No comments: