Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baby Phase 2

Baby phase #2 is complete. Hubby was home over the weekend, and despite me being sick and Taylor having a mysterious cough, a good time was had by all. We went North to see family and go to a bridal shower. Hubby, a cousin and Zack went to get some new soccer gear. Hubby and I had all day Monday together, which was awesome. That never happens. Ever. It was so nice, just to hang out with him.

Hubby and I have talked before about our relationship...we often wonder if we are the odd ones, or if our friends are the odd ones. We truly enjoy one anothers company. We don't really annoy each other much. Sometimes, but not much! We talk a lot. We like to spend one on one time together....we value and even crave it sometimes because our date nights, and general time together is so few and far between. Some friends of ours on the other hand....are quite the opposite. It seems like one spouse drives the other one nuts. They don't really do much just themselves together, nor do they necessarily want to. It seems like they prefer time away from each other.

I don't really understand the point of being married if you don't like to spend time with your partner. Tolerating each other must make couples miserable! Why bother? Is it that they're afraid to be alone? They can't do any better? It makes me sad to be honest. I think a husband and a wife should have a close relationship. They should like each other for crying out loud! Happy couples, create happy environments, who have happy lives. Am I wrong?

Just my .02 cents.

1 comment:

Nick McHenry said...

I love you and I love our relationship. There is not another person I would rather go through this craziness with.