Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Home Owner No More

I am offically no longer a home owner. I owned my home yesterday....today I don't. It happened in the span of 30 minutes. It was like the blink of an eye. I feel a little like an orphan, or maybe more of a squatter since I still actually live here.

This was my first home. Where I have raised my babies. Where I have grown so much as a person. As a wife. A mother. Some people may think I'm being silly....but it really does hurt.

It feels surreal.

Very strange.

Heartbreaking.

It took all I had in me not to break into tears. (My kids were present at the signing....there was not breaking down allowed-not that I would in front of anyone anyway). This is MY house. I loved it from the moment I saw it. I love the people around me. I love my life. But it's time to move on from here.

My comfort zone.

My safe place.

There are better things to come. I know this deep down. I have to keep reminding myself to keep moving forward.

One foot in front of the other.

One step at a time.

No comments: