Thursday, April 7, 2011

Road trip!

Hubby has been here for the past week and it has been so nice to have him around! While he's been here we've have been on the move. We've attended a family wedding 8+ hours away, came back for a few days and now are on the move again.

We drove up to Canaan Valley last night. Hubby has to work here for a couple of days so the kids and are I tagged along. We are staying at the Resort Lodge here....It's such a beautiful place up here. Very serene and tranquil. Also pretty rustic...Which if you are addicted to electronic connections to the outside world...it might be a little irritating, lol. The lodge does have wifi, but is sorta hit and miss...and dial up slow at times. Whew....what ever did we all do before dsl or cable internet?

My kids will never know life before the internet. Or cell phones. I remember...but what the heck did I do? I remember I was outside some...I however have never been outdoorsy. I can't imagine life with out these wonderful, yet often times frustrating modern conveniences. I would now be lost with out facebook. I get fidgety if I can't connect and check my email. Sad or a sign of the times? Both I think.

My one wish for this place is that someone would renovate the Lodge. It has such potential, it's a shame it's stuck in a time warp from 30+ years ago. I think if it were updated it would definitely attract some new visitors. In the winter it has great skiing packages. The summer offers golf packages. There is a pool and hot tub, inside and out. You can ride skii lifts in the summer and walk trails too. Great outdoor family fun is to be had up here in these beautiful mountains!

So far today, our fun has included going to the little playground behind our room, and to the game room. We've had 2 melt downs, and a come to Jesus. The pool is closed....someone is playing a cruel joke here. Haha. Maybe God is talking to me, and telling me to learn some patience.

Seems an appropriate thing to learn up here....

1 comment:

Kim McHenry sharing my God moments said...

It is so funny you mentioned patience last night..I was at Disciple class and that was the joke...never ask for patience...because you are going to be tried and will need more patience than you ever knew you needed!! God will check out your patience!! Everyone said...I have learned not to ask God for that one!