Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ChampagneTaste on a Beer Budget

This is a famous term in my family. I think my grandmother coined it when I was younger...and it fits me perfectly. I (sheepishly) (maybe not sheepishly exactly) admit I have champagne taste on a beer budget. I want the biggest and the best and the highest quality of everything.

Not exactly a saver's attitude, now is it? I suppose one could say I'm like a child in that respect. Except with out the tantrums!

I want, I want, I want. I just don't have it.

Our housing situation has me a little frustrated. Looking for houses is frustrating when you can't afford what you really want. I know where I'd like to be....but to live there I almost need to match hubby's salary, and that ain't happenin. Don't get me wrong, there are houses we can afford.....

(Shoe boxes)
(Grass huts)

We've also been toying with the idea of building. I must be out of my mind...I don't think you can build a nice big new home on a beer budget, can you? I'd love to....that would be beyond perfect.

A girl can dream, right?

But I digress....we'll find something, that hopefully we can agree on and afford.

And soon.

No comments: