Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Spring Spheres"

On the way to drop my kids off at school this morning, I heard on the radio about how a school in Seattle (of course it had to be in WA) wanted to be more politically correct about Easter. Instead of calling Easter Eggs, Easter Eggs....they must now call them "Spring Spheres."

Seriously?? Are you kidding me?

There isn't anything religious about an egg...it just so happens to be associated with Easter, the religious holiday. It's not exactly a sphere either. I do believe it's oval in shape. No?

What is this country coming to? Why do we do this? I don't see this as being politically correct. I see it as being ridiculous. If one peroson doesn't like, or appreciate the actual given name of Easter Eggs, or Christmas, or Hanukkah, or what have you, then that's ok.

Call it what you want!

Don't you think it's equally as politically incorrect to make everyone go from calling Easter Eggs, to "Spring Spheres?" Doesn't that infiringe on our rights to call it the given name?

I thought I lived in America....where we had FREE speech. *sigh*

Who comes up with this crap?

No comments: