Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Last 10 days

The last 10 days were so nice. It was so nice to get back to a "normal" place. Hubby was here, and we were all together. We were constantly on the go, we were out of town part of the time, to say the days flew by would be a gross understatement.

It was hard to let him go. To go back to our new "normal." The kids handled it beautifully. Probably better than I did. Saturday night I watched a cute little movie...I don't even know what the name of it was. This guy was interested in this girl, she knew it, but wasn't romantically interested in him. Things happen, they fight, and he moves 3000 miles away to law school. It's then that she realizes that she loves him. She misses him. She quits her dream job one afternoon and the next morning is on a flight to NYC to surprise him. It's not exactly the story of my life, but there are glaring similarities and I just lost it. I had my husband back, and I had to let him go. I know this isn't forever, and there are plenty of people who are worse off than I am. This is nothing. But it's still hard. I'm blessed in the fact that I get him back, and I will see him again in a couple of weeks. Not everyone can say that.

1 comment:

Nick said...

The movie was Post Grad. :-)

You are so special to me I can't even put it into words. I loved my 10 days back home with you and the kids. It was so wonderful to get back to a sense of normalcy, if only for a few days. I do, however, think that time apart makes us realize how lucky we are to have the other person in our lives. I think that too many couples don't get that opportunity of distance to see how truly blessed they are to have one another.

I love you with all my soul.