Monday, July 11, 2011

Little boxes.....

Name that show! One of my fav's.....

I'm however talking about big boxes...huge. And small...millions. Ok, a couple hundred. Have you ever been fortunate enough to be moved across country by a moving company? I was pretty nervous with having random people packing all my worldly possessions. Luckily we were really blessed and nothing broke and from what I can tell, pretty much everything made it here. Amazing really. Our stuff went from our house, onto a truck, to a warehouse where it sat for the better part of a week or more. Then it went onto a semi, all the way across country, to another warehouse for a week, then onto another truck, to our new house. That's a lot of moving around, and I'm really amazed everything arrived in good condition, and on time, and intact.

When all the boxes are delivered you point and direct the movers where you would like things to be put. Boxes get stacked, 3 o four boxes high. Pathways are made through the house. A pathway to the bedrooms. To the doors. And to the kitchen! It felt like I was living in a bad episode of Hoarders there for a while. I would show you a picture, but my computer doesn't like me today. Actually I think it's blogger that doesn't like me today and won't let me upload the pic on here. Go figure.

It took me a good week to dig out of all the boxes and paper. We finally have some order in our house now. As I mentioned in the last post, we are busy painting, and now ready to rip up some carpet to put wood floors down. We can order our furniture Saturday, and as soon as that's all done, we will be good to go for a while. Thank goodness! I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the house!

No comments: