Sunday, July 17, 2011

Extended Vacation?

I still feel like this isn't my house. I feel like I'm on an extended vacation. Living in a roomy vacation home, waiting to pack up and head out at a moments notice. All of our worldy possessions fill this house, and yet it doesn't feel like we belong here.......yet. I know we will, but at the moment it's a strange feeling to have.

I've come full circle. I was born and raised here. When I left I always wanted to come back. Now I'm finally back and it feels incredibly surreal. Almost like I don't belong here. Hubby's aunt once said you can always go home again, but it's never the same. She was speaking of personal experience, and she's right. I'm working where I previously worked, doing the same thing, with some added responsibilities. I'm living in the same area. My current question is, at what point will this feel like home again? Part of me is waiting for the vacation to end and head back East. I wonder at what point does that go away? It's not that I'm not happy....I'm content...it's just a weird feeling.

No comments: