Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I have this itch. It's pretty bad. It's a vacation itch. We haven't gone on a vacation in a loooooong time, and it's starting to cause a nasty itch to get the heck outta town. It's sort of hard to leave with your house all torn up...or maybe that's why the itch is getting so bad, no? I want to go sit my butt in the sand with a good book. I want to watch the kids play in the sand and make sandcastles. I want the warmth of the sun to bring a smile to my face. I would give my left arm and then some to be able to go tomorrow.

I'm not a patient person. Have I mentioned that?

Here is the issue. I am now living on the West Coast, where there really aren't any "warm" beaches. It's pretty windy and cold, and swimming in the water isn't something most people do. I grew up going to the Oregon Coast...we always went right before school started and it was always chilly.

Then, I grew up met hubby and he introduced me to a real beach. Myrtle Beach. Nearly everyone where we used to live vacations there, or somewhere near.

I have been spoiled!

I miss the East Coast....being long day's drive from the Atlantic sounds like a dream! Does anyone else wish you had the power of Samantha on "Bewitched? That would come in really handy right about now!!

Alas, while we are re doing our floors, it's too hard to get away. Not to mention the cost of a ticket, car and a place to stay is a little too out of reach...maybe I can convince myself a chilly beach would be just as good?

1 comment:

Kim McHenry sharing my God moments said...

you are welcome to meet me there in late September when I go with my college friends..they would welcome you with open arms...if you don't get away and are looking for a long weekend...just yell!!