Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowmageddeon

Well....hubby left Monday, and it's been quite the adventure for both of us ever since. The mother of all weather storms was hitting the Midwest, which changed hubby's course of driving. Yes driving. In the middle of winter. Across the US. So instead of the quick route he normally would take, he was forced to go South, and has since been stuck in Dallas for the past 3 days waiting for the weather to break. They aren't used to this type of weather there, and consequently do not treat their roads in an adequate manner. 10% Salt, 90% Sand. WHAT? They claim that the salt is too corrosive, which it is really corrosive, to use much of it. Well, then what exactly is the point of using it at all? This weather happens so infrequently there, that you would think they would go ahead and use at the very least 80-85% Salt. Who ever is in charge needs to have a stern talking to. This is ludicrous!

My week has been one adventure after another. The headlight went out in my car, as did the lamp post and my ceiling fan. Got the latter two changed no problem...had to ask my neighbor for help with my car....I'm not good with cars...I'm a girly girl, what can I say? Then my awesome son clogged the toilet. That awesomeness was extra awesome, because I had to go buy a decent plunger. I won that round I'm happy to say. Next was my personal favorite. Caught a mouse in the mouse trap in the garage. I have NO idea how long that poor little thing had been in it. I haven't checked it since hubby left. I happened to get something off the shelf today and looked down and about had a heart attack! We do have a humane trap...Thank GOD, because I know I'd freak if it were the other kind. Wonder how many more are roaming my garage? Ugh.........

This evening we tried out Skype for the first time. Our camera make us look like blurry blobs, but he looks A-OK. I have to say, I am stoked to see him, but at the same time heart broken that I can't touch him. I can't smell him. You have no idea how hard it is to see him, and talk to him face to face and not feel his arms around me. I know other people have it MUCH worse than me, and I should be greatful for what we have, and I am. I really am. For now, this is our new normal, and I just need to get acclimated to it. One. Step. At. A. Time.

No comments: