Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For What??

For Sale....my house is going up for sale. I love this house! It's too small, and there is no storage anywhere, but I love this house anyway. It's our first house....I loved it from the moment I first stepped in. I squeeed with delight when we went through it. I squeeeed with even more delight when we signed all the papers and moved in. It was perfect for us and move in ready. We didn't have to do a thing. No painting, no fixing, nada. Considering I was 7 months pregnant, it was
P E R F E C T!

I know a house is just a house, a place to lay your head at night. The house doesn't make the home. The people make the home. So why is it so hard to let go of it? Is it the fact that it was our first house? The fact that I really don't want to leave, even if it is the right thing to do? Is it fear of the unknown?

What? All of the above and more you say?
Yep....I know.

I will always have pictures and memories to hold onto, and I'll have even more pictures and memories in our next home.

Next Monday I will sign all the papers to officially put our house on the market March 1st. It's a cute little 3 br/2.5 bath. One car garage. Fresh paint in about half of the rooms...new roof to come asap. New heat pump, new dishwasher and disposal. Great neighborhood, great neighbors, and great school district. Large playground in the backyard stays with the house. Perfect for another new young family looking for their first house.

Don't mind me if you find me hiding in the closet somewhere.......

1 comment:

Nick McHenry said...

This is a great post and had me sniffling. All I ever wanted was to provide you with a house that we could call home and for the past six and a half years that small, cramped little house did an amazing job of being just that....our home. I will love that house forever for what it was, our family's first home. I love you.