Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And he's off

It's been 26 hours and 10 minutes give or take since hubby left for the wild wild West. Not that I'm keeping track.....ok, yes I am. It was hard. Really hard to say goodbye. He's had to leave before for a couple of months at a time, but this time was different. It was hard on both of us. I can't really put my finger on it, as to the specific reason. I would venture to guess because it's the beginning of a new chapter of our lives. Not just any chapter, a huge monumental chapter. And he's doing it on his own for now. The kids and are are still here, in our house, in our little town. Just the three of us. There are SO many things left to be done. It's overwhelming...for example, right now...I should be painting something. But I'm not. I'm not ready to take on that task yet. I did hang a couple of pictures and patch 3 holes. Something has to be better than nothing, right?

So today is day one down....lots more to go. One step at a time. I can do this!

No comments: