Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby steps

This is what Hubby keeps saying. Baby step one of 6 is complete. We had a great weekend. It was really productive, but it was WAY too short. Today outside matches the way I feel. It's cold and damp, drizzly and dark. I was never so happy to come back from the airport this morning and crawl back into bed to hide from everyone and everything.

I took a nap, I'd been up since 4...when I woke up, well, it seems like an even deeper sadness set in. I keep thinking back to the days when I would drive down and meet him for lunch at Jim's and we'd share a piece of pie for desert. I wish more than anything, today was one of those days. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's lack of sleep. Or probably both. Separation is a bitch. We always said we wouldn't do this again, and here we are. Doing it again. It's never been an easy thing, to be so far away from each other. I know I need to be happy with the time we do get, as short as it is. It's better than nothing. Could someone please train my brain to get that!?

No comments: