Sunday, November 21, 2010

Social Turkey

This past Thursday Hubby and I went to eat lunch Thanksgiving lunch with Taylor. All the kids rotate holidays, so all the parents have a chance to come and eat with their kids. Kindergarten and 1st grade get Thanksgiving, so it was Taylor's turn. She was excited to have us there. I always feel so bad for the little ones who don't have a parent show up. I mean, are you really SO busy that you just can't tear yourself away for your lunch hour to make your kid's day??

As we were waiting in a very long line, Taylor's little friend Becca was in front of her. She is a cute and lively little girl. Taylor was pretty insistent on sitting next to her, which was fine. But at one point Becca got a little ahead of the rest of us and I made Taylor wait on me and Hubby so we wouldn't get separated. Well. You would have thought I was asking her to kick her friend to the curb. Being social and sitting next to a friend was obviously more important than sitting next to her daddy and I for lunch. :) I had to keep from laughing out loud. I knew how she felt. I'm quite positive I would have felt the same way. We were dead weight for her. We needed to pick up the pace and keep up, or be left behind! Forget those sweet potatoes that looked like overcooked mushy globs of goo, we gotta get the right seats people!

No comments: