Monday, November 8, 2010

Really?

We had a visit from an elder family member this past weekend. His health has been declining over the past year. He has someone stay with him 6 days a week during the day, and his son lives with him full time and is there evenings. There are three siblings who switch off weekends taking care of him. Anyway, the elder family member and one of his daughters and her husband came by to drop of some early birthday gifts to Taylor. They visited with us for almost 2 hours and at some point over those two hours as he got up to leave we noticed that there was a stain on our couch. He had had an accident. I know he's had a bladder issue for quite a while now, but I did not know it was this bad. It smelled horrible and was very noticeable. Yet nothing was said. I can completely understand the daughter and her husband not saying anything in front of him. I understand that this is an embarrassing issue. Like I said, I know he's had bladder problems for some time, and I can appreciate them not saying anything at the time, BUT..... there has been no apology or acknowledgment that it even happened. I know they knew....the husband helped him up off the couch. The smell alone could have knocked you over. Am I wrong to think that she should have called later or at the very least sent an email saying she was sorry about the situation?

Maybe I'm making too much out of it. I'm still trying to clean my couch though. It's hard to get rid of the smell. I don't know...I just think there is no couth left in this part of the family at all.

No comments: