Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A New Begining.........

Here on my blog. I've deleted the past....time to move on. I wonder if anyone wishes they could really do that in life? I'm sure there are people out there who do. People that have made huge mistakes in their life. Regret is a terrible thing. Lots of people pride themselves on never living with regrets..but how can you not regret anything? I regret not being more social...it's not something that I can change. The past is the past, and I'm still not that social, but I try.

So here in our house, we have a major decision coming up. It's one we had to make a year ago, and decided against. Both hubby and I had regret with that decision. I had a LOT of regret, because essentially I was the one who said no. It turned out to be the best decision for us, we just didn't know it at the time.

The decision to move or not to move is a major life altering decision that will effect all four of us for the rest of our lives. There are pros and cons of course, but the list doesn't make it any easier. At least for me. We've both done the Pro/Con list a few thousand times now. The Pros always outweigh the cons, but the cons are big. Huge. These life decisions are hard to make when you have an 8 and almost 6 year old. We do our best to provide a stable environment and to not rock their little lives too much. I do realize that people do this all the time, and a lot of times it's not a choice. It's either you move or you don't have a job. So in that sense we are really blessed to even have a decision like this to make. Our livelihood is not on the line.

I realize it's the control freak in me...I feel like I'm losing control and there isn't a thing I can do about it. I've lived here almost 10 years and it took me probably a good 6-7 years to find happiness here, so I kinda feel like the rug is being pulled out from under me a little bit. The ironic thing is that we'd be moving back to my hometown. Why wouldn't I want to go back?

My family is there.
A few of my friends are still there.
I love to go back and spend time there.
We just spent our entire summer there!
And the kids did great and made friends where ever they went.

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Me? Why am I NOT gung ho? <---Is that how you even spell that? I think I've maybe become slightly overly sentimental about life here, and the things/people we're leaving behind. Things are things. A house is just a house. Even if it is your first house. And people can always keep in touch. Right?

No comments: